Friday 22 October 2010

A recipe at last

Well hello and welcome to the 4th edition of my blog, this week has mostly been about trying to get my head back in the game as far as the new menu is concerned and try out some of the dishes on the specials. As it happens this week’s best seller was the beef braised in London pride, root vegetables & creamed potato, really simple but it’s been so cold I think people where crying out for something rich & sumptuous. It was nice showing my young Thai commis this proper British food instead of the usual smears and drizzles that we normally do. 

Well the weekend is upon us once more so as normal that means functions and Sunday lunch to contend with but at least there is the Korean gran prix to look forward to after I finish work Sunday. So what does the next week have in store for me, well got a busy week of functions and dinners at work so at won’t get much time to play with the menu but make a few quid for the boss and maybe just maybe that thermomix I want so badly might make to my kitchen.

I know I said I was going to put some recipes up but struggling to decide which ones you guys might actually use, well here goes.

I like to use this with cold meats, terrines & cheese but it’s also really nice warm with roasted pork fillet & crushed new potatoes

Spiced apple chutney

225g onions (finely diced)
900g apples (chopped)
100g peeled deseeded tomatoes (finely chopped)
110g raisins
15g ground coriander
15g paprika
15g mixed spice
15g salt
340g caster sugar
750ml white wine vinegar

Put the sugar, vinegar, spices and salt into a pan and cook until the sugar has dissolved and started to become thick and syrupy this should take about 10 minutes on a medium heat,
Add the onions and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the apple, tomatoes and raisins and cook until soft and all liquid is gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment